CUSTOMIZED ROOF RESTORATION SOLUTIONS
When you are experiencing problems with your commercial roof, repair and replacement are not your only options. As an alternative to repair or replacement, roof restoration allows you to cost-effectively gain more life from your existing roof when it is in fairly sound shape. As a plus, you may be able to reap tax benefits and other cost savings.
Restoration options from Roberts Roofing can address specific roof problems you may be facing, such as:
- Lack of surface protection from the elements and/or foot traffic
- Cracked or splitting roof with little or no internal leakage to date
- Aged roof which is no longer under warranty
Read on for more answers to commonly asked questions about roof restoration solutions. To learn more about commercial and industrial roof restoration in Cleveland, Ohio, please call us at 440.946.2233.
ROOF RESTORATION FAQs
Consider the following benefits of roof restoration before making the decision to replace your entire roof.
- Cost savings: Depending on the roofing system selected, replacement costs between $18 and $22 per square foot, whereas restoration requires costs about $6 to $9 per square foot.
- Multiple options: There are numerous, cost-effective restoration options available depending on your type of roofing system.
- Cool factor: “Cool roof” solutions, such as those available from Roberts Roofing Company, lower the temperature of your existing roof. Since some coatings are highly reflective they can greatly increase solar reflectivity, which can significantly reduce interior cooling costs. You can achieve significant savings on your HVAC costs.
- Heat efficiency: Since some coatings are highly reflective, they can greatly increase solar reflectivity, which can significantly reduce interior cooling costs.
- Sustainability: Roof restoration offers many attractive advantages when it comes to thinking and acting green. For instance, there will be far fewer materials to dispose of. You’ll improve the sustainability of your building since you’ll be reusing your existing roof. As you’ll read below, there are also tax advantages to the green roof restoration projects
- Additional warranty: Many restoration systems are warranted through the manufacturer for up to 15 years. Be sure to find out how many years your restoration would be covered.
Roof restorations are financed through maintenance rather than capital budgets, which is a strong tax advantage. As a maintenance expense, a roof restoration means you can immediately expense your costs. Further, depending on where you live, there could be more tax advantages in the form of tax credits and rebates available for energy-efficient improvements, such as ENERGY STAR® qualification and LEED point contribution.
Many restoration systems are warranted through the manufacturer for up to 15 years.
When problems occur, the commercial building owner and facilities manager often must weigh the pros and cons of roof repair or restoration versus roof replacement. Other than cost, what are the most important issues to consider in making the right decision? Four factors must be weighed, including:
- Extent of the damage
- Location of the damage and its effect on the entire building
- Understanding the benefits and costs of a short-term fix versus a long-term solution
- Extent of business interruption
For a more detailed answer to this question, read: